Monday, June 1, 2009

Is it Real or is it Polymer Clay?


I'm always amazed at the richness of polymer clay. It looks so "real." And in the hands of a talented artist like Karina of Kabi Designs, the effects are stunning.

Some items reflect a fantasy world of dragons, dragonflies and other whimsical beings; others are fun, practical and sophisticated.

On her Studio bio, Karina describes how she loves working with polymer clay.   "I love experimenting with clay and creating just about everything - but I especially enjoy making jewelry in which I use many different techniques, using canes that I make and enhancing the beauty of the canes and techniques with glass beads and Swarovski crystals.  Also, I have entered the wonderful creative world of Fantasy Figurines which I also make out of polymer clay!"

Besides her ArtFire studio, a gallery of Kabi Designs beautiful items can be found on Flickr.


1 comment: