Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Home decor - it's all in the details!


Whether you are fully redecorating a room, or just giving it a little lift, it's the details that make a difference.  And these days,  those little facelift details can really perk up your home and your spirits, especially if they are from 3zArt.

3zArt is the creative endeavor of Alexandria (A.J.) McCormick of Amarillo, Texas.  Fun, funky, colourful, whimsical all describe 3zArt's light switch plates, outlet plates, mousepads, coasters and lampshades.

Light switch plates are hand crafted using fabric decoupage with a minimum of three coats of sealer, making them easy to clean with just a damp cloth. The fabric is folded over the back of the plate to prevent the edges from fraying. A.J. finishes by insulating the back of the plate for added quality. Mouse pads are handmade using a technique similar to heat pressing.

While she makes mostly home decor products by mod podging and/or embellishing, A.J. is always experimenting with other crafts. Her entrepreneurial skills began at an early age. "I've been creating goods and selling them for as long as I can remember.  When I was a little kid, I had a different book in our driveway each week, selling anything from cookies to newspapers I made."

A.J. recently left the corporate world to pursue the freedom and challenge of being her own boss.  This Saturday (April 25th) she will be at the Funky Finds Spring Fling in Fort Worth, Texas.  She will also be setting up a booth at the "Vendors Market" in her home town over next few weeks; so if you are in the area, drop in for a visit and see her items in real time!

No comments:

Post a Comment