Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Beautiful beads make more than jewelry



Beads, especially lampwork, make for great jewelry AND for great home decor accessories. Accessories by Gottjoy, of Glendale, Arizona has a delightful collection of both. In her ArtFire studio, you can find colourful wine stoppers, ceiling fan pulls, letter openers and keychains interspersed among some gorgeous earrings, necklaces and bracelets.

Joy Gott, the creative force behind Accessories by Gottjoy, started with jewelry and widened her scope after being inspired by visiting some of the bigger gem and bead shows in Tuscon.  "I was shown the wide variety of things I could make and it has expanded from there. I have a bead addiction!  Lampwork beads and Swarovski crystals are my favorites. I probably have around 5,000 lampwork beads that I have collected over the years. All of them have been purchased from artisans on Ebay, Etsy or Artfire."

Like most artisans, Joy has many other creative interests. "Like my mother, I found it hard to sit in front of the TV and not be doing something with my hands. I crochet, quilt, needlepoint, cross stitch, embroidery and beadweave."  

That artistic energy is reflected in Joy's storefront items. 

Accessories by Gottjoy is another one of the many quality artisan studios that can be found on ArtFire.




No comments:

Post a Comment