
What a busy summer! And what a fun summer!
Our wedding was in July, and, like most weddings, it was beautiful. We held it at the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa. The Chateau is impressive; it's like a stunning french castle, with large ballrooms and ornate ceilings.
Just to add interest, we did have a few, um, not quite setbacks, but let's say, moments of interest:
- The groom pulled his hamstring on the morning of the wedding trying to stop a soccer ball at his daughter's game
- We had planned to be married on the outdoor terrace. The the sun shone all afternoon, until 5 minutes before the ceremony when the rain broke out. My bridal party was on its way to the ceremony spot and we kept running into guests! We ran an hid in an alcove until the groom was gone.
- The rain stopped long enough to get a few outdoor shots. On our way out, my heel caught in the hem of my dress and I fell down eight marble steps. One. At. A. Time. OUCH! Fortunately, I didn't hit my head, nor did I break anything. Just lots of bruises and aches!
Despite that, we had a ball! I think adrenaline got us through the evening, even if the dip in our wedding dance wasn't quite as low as it should have been! The food and service were exquisite, the music was great (all stuff we boomers could sing to!) and there was lots of fun and laughter -- just what you need to make happy memories!
One of the highlights of the wedding was a toast and a special anniversary dance for my parents, who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary the week before our wedding! I am blessed with a most loving family and this was a very special occasion.
We are so very lucky to be blessed with such incredible family and friends, and it is because of them, this was such a memorable event.
Your wedding sounds lovely even with its added excitements. My husband and I got married in July as well.I like the montage of photos, everything looks beautiful! Glad you both weathered it okay and didn't get too hurt.
ReplyDeleteA little pleasure with some pain, right!